North Carolina Insurance License
Become a licensed Life & Health insurance agent in North Carolina
Save money with discount code “FALLSPECIAL”
Duration: 40 Hour(s)
This pre-licensing insurance course has been developed to prepare those who are already insurance personnel, but not yet licensed. With this course you will be prepared to take the Life & Health insurance pre-license exam. This course will cover, in detail, the basics of life & health insurance and also teach you the specific policy for the state of North Carolina. You will be provided with everything you need, including practice questions, to take and pass the North Carolina Insurance License Exam.
Our 40 hour online insurance pre-license course can be completed in your home at your own pace and included everything you need to prepare for and pass your North Carolina Insurance Pre-license Exam. You are, however, required by the State of North Carolina, to complete the pre-licensing course prior to beginning the final exam.
The insurance pre-license course provided by Insurance License School is state-approved and can be completed online. NO NEED to ever enter a classroom or testing center. The exam will be available online once you have completed the online insurance training course.
This course is approved by the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the laws and regulations that govern the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
- Understand the responsibilities of a licensed insurance agent.
- Be familiar with the laws and regulations that govern North Carolina’s insurance practices.
- Prepare for your licensing exam by taking the quizzes and practice exams provided.
North Carolina Insurance License Course Outline
- Lesson 1 – Insurance Policies
- Lesson 2 – Policy Riders, Provisions, and Options
- Lesson 3 – Application, Underwriting, and Policy Delivery
- Lesson 4 – Taxes, Retirement, and other Insurance Concepts
- Lesson 5 – Basic Terms and Types of Health Policies
- Lesson 6 – Policy Provisions, Clauses and Riders
- Lesson 7 – Social Insurance
- Lesson 8 – Miscelleneous Concepts
- Lesson 9 – Field Underwriting
North Carolina Insurance Pre-License courses are provided by Dixon S. Hall, School Provider number #4172
North Carolina Insurance Pre-licensing Requirements
All applicants for a North Carolina insurance license must obtain a candidate guide by accessing www.promissor.com or calling 1-800-274-0668.
The candidate may download the candidate guide from the website or get a printed version by calling Promissor direct.
The candidate guide contains pertinent information relating to prelicensing and examination requirements.
The candidate guide is free of charge.
- Resident applicants that are qualifying by clearance letter do NOT have to take PLE
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), Fraternal Insurance Counselor (FIC), Life Underwriter Training Council (LUTC-Graduate), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), holder of degree in insurance (associate or bachelor’s) for Life/Health, LOMA(FLMI) or;
- Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI), Associate in Claims (AIC), Associate in Insurance Accounting and Finance (AIAF), Associate in Premium Auditing (APA), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Associate in Underwriting (AU), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), holder of certificate in General Insurance (INS), holder of degree in insurance (associate or bachelor’s) for Property/Liability, Commercial Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Proof of coursework in line of authority for Medicare Supplement/Long-term Care, Life/Health, Property/Liability, Personal Lines.
Applicants will receive an admission ticket in the candidate guide. Upon completion of the required pre-licensing course, we will send you a completion certificate that you need to take to the examination site.
If you qualify for exemption, you must submit a request for waiver of pre-licensing requirement along with proof of certificate/designation and admission ticket to:
NCDOI/Agent Services Division,
1204 Mail Service Center,
Raleigh, NC 27699-1204.